Saturday, November 21, 2009

Orange walk, Belize



Welcome to Belize. Walk slower, take your time, smile, be friendly. Don't worry, be happy. I found Belize a great place to visit. People are friendly, athmosphere is laid-back, great places to see, weather is perfect, food is excellent... Orange walk is a small town and I will be doing tomorrow Lamanai boat trip to Maya ruins in the jungle. Orange walk name comes from the fact that people were walking through orange plants when going to the center of town.

I was surprised for another thing as well. English is the official language of Belize and people do speak fluent American english in addition of spanish. I think I'll spend here a little bit more time than was planning to.

There are Amish settlements around Orange walk and you can see lots of them here. Tomorrow when doing the boat trip we are passing some Amish settlements along the river.

I'm staying at Riverside Lamanai Retreat. I can recommend this place for everybody, it has only three rooms, but what a location!!! Friendly stuff and great service. It looks like this:


1 comment:

  1. I was there just to take some drinks.
    I absolutely agree with your first line "walk slower".
    I visited Belize thinking in visit every place I could in the less time, but since I put a feet in that part of the world I understood that Belize is to relax.
    I also visited San Pedro Island and I had the best vacations of my life.

    ReplyDelete