Monday, March 1, 2010

Money can't buy life

These were Bob Marley's last words to his son, when he died at the age of 36.


Bob and his 7 sons

Today I visited Bob Marley's home in Kingston for last six years of his life, which is nowadays a museum. There were one thing Marley was hoping to see: Black, White and chinese people living peacefully together.


As Marley was half white and half black, he said:
"I don't have prejudice against meself. My father was a white and my mother was black. Them call me half-caste or whatever. Me don't dip on nobody's side. Me don't dip on the black man's side nor the white man's side. Me dip on God's side, the one who create me and cause me to come from black and white."


Bob Marley's house and museum

"One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain...
Hit me with music... hit me with music now".
- Bob Marley

I recommend for anybody this lively museum, you can see even bullet holes in he walls, when Bob was tried to be murdered at his home by the 6-7 gunmen.
P.S. For all the Finnish people : If you are in trouble and need some help at Antigua just use this phone...

Phonebooth at Antigua

No comments:

Post a Comment